Same-Day Pet Appointments in Dallas, PA
Injuries and illness are not always conveniently timed, and if your pet injures themselves on the weekend, it might be difficult finding a veterinarian open without taking them to an expensive emergency clinic. We, at Back Mountain Veterinary Hospital in Dallas, PA, are proud to have a Sunday Urgent Care Clinic for same-day care. We also offer same-day call-ahead scheduling to help alleviate long wait times. If it’s a true emergency, requiring Critical Care, please take your pet to an emergency clinic.
Urgent Non-critical health problems include, but are not limited to:
- Skin Infections
- Bladder Infections (if unable to urinate, take to ER)
- Ear Infections
- Dental Infections
- Eye Infections
- Vomiting or Diarrhea from dietary indiscretion ie. stealing table food, getting into the garbage, or eating grass (if you saw or suspect your pet ate a toy, socks, underwear, etc. please take to ER)
- Limping (not suspected to be a broken bone)
- Torn toenails or MINOR lacerations
Appointments will be given priority over walk-ins, but you do not need to be an established client to be seen on a Sunday. We will fax over the records from your pet’s Sunday appointment to your regular veterinarian the next day.
Critical Care problems include, but are not limited to:
- Hit By Car
- Respiratory Distress (choking/labored breathing/white or blue gums or tongue)
- Acute Vomiting (Unable to hold down food or water)
- Broken bones
- Deep Punctures or Lacerations
- Ingestion of Poison
- Ingestion of Controlled Substances or Human Medications
- Loss of consciousness
If any health problems include Critical Care, oxygen therapy, or anesthesia for treatment and/or surgery, please take your pet to the emergency clinic. If you are unsure if your health concern qualifies as an emergency, please give us a call.