Veterinary Hospital serving Dallas, PA & Surrounding Areas
We are proud to have been among the first hospitals to offer Laser Surgery in Luzerne County. At Back Mountain Veterinary Hospital, in Dallas, PA, our doctors have been performing laser surgeries for almost 20 years. The CO2 Laser not only makes clean incisions, but also can be used to precisely ablate (vaporize) abnormal tissue, while leaving surrounding tissue completely untouched.
Laser Surgery has many benefits over traditional scalpel surgery
• Minimizes pain by cauterizing (sealing) nerve endings
• Reduces swelling by sealing the lymphatics
• Cauterizes blood vessels reducing bleeding and keeping the surgical field clear
• Kills any bacteria it comes in contact with, reducing the risk of infection.
Your pet recovers faster with less pain. When used for cat declaws, there is almost no bleeding so bandages are not necessary and the cat can walk normally the next day with no limping or pain. Laser surgery makes it possible to safely and humanely declaw cats, even if they are older or overweight.
A word of caution, cats can feel almost too good after a laser declaw, so it is very important to keep them confined to a small area with no jumping for several days after surgery to give the incision sites time to heal closed.
Procedures Routinely Performed by Laser Surgery
• Canine Neuters
• Canine and Feline Spays
• Feline Declaws
• Canine Dewclaw Removal
• Mass Removals, all sizes
• Wart and Skin Tag Ablations
• Grid Keratotomy (Surgery on the cornea of the eye)
• Any surgery that could be done by scalpel